Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Every Kiss Begins with Kay

Yeah, go ahead and sing it to me...everyone else does when I tell them where I'm working these days. It's ok really because I did the same thing...and while the jingle may be a tad annoying...it was a good marketing choice...because we all know and sing it!

Since I moved to Knoxville to help my sister with all her kids while she was on bed rest, and she began to get better, and I still did not know if I would be heading back to Brazil or elsewhere come August 09 (when the country will let me back in for another 6 months), and I needed to choose a place to live for a limited amount of time, and I've ALWAYS wanted to do sales, but don't have any experience, and since getting sales experience means you usually don't make enough money to live, and my sister and bro-in-law offered to let me live in their basement a few more months free, and this is a really long run-on sentence for effect, and there are a few other reasons why it made good sense to stay here, I planted myself for a bit.

So now I'm making lifetime memories with my niece, nephews, sister, and bro-in-law, learning the ins and outs of selling (and love it!), saving for when I go back to Brazil (whether short or long trip), working towards eligibility for much needed health insurance so I can get two painful knees tended to, and doing what I can to support the ministry to Quilombolas in Brazil from here.

The mission field is always with us and I'm eager to see more of what the Lord has planned for my time here. Whether in the concrete jungle of Houston, the lush green, yet very poor interior of Brazil, or diamond filled windows of a store front in Knoxville, I am just a young woman learning about my God, and finding that He is who He's said He is. The road thus far has been everything but easy, but it's been really, really...really good. Please continue to pray as I seek. Let me know how I can lift you up as well please.

No comments: