Sunday, July 27, 2008

Going Away Party


I just bawled all the way home from the going away party thrown for Karla (missionary to Venezuela) and I.

I really can't write more because there are not words to express how overwhelmingly loved and privileged I feel. I told the Lord on the way home..."I am in over my head, but I trust You to accomplish what You've started." Simple. He will do it.

Many are promising to pray...and I know they will. I need them to!
  • The food spread was unreal! Coconut shrimp, 7-layer dip, brownies, lemon bars, chips w/mango salsa, trail mix, cream cheese covered in raspberry chipoltle sauce, chicken on skewers, bowls and bowls of gummy bears (my favorite!)...displayed beautifully on tables downstairs and upstairs...an over the top gift from Miss Sims.

  • Several gals from my college small group were there. We prayed and sang together in an empty room, like old times!

  • People wrote goodbye notes in a journal for me to take and read!

  • Casey and Roxy, the beautiful young ladies that I moved to Houston in 2004 to "nanny" came with tons of individually decorated cupcakes to share!

  • Several were moved by God to contribute financially...each a generous gift.

  • Lots of hugs, lots of almost tears, lots of "remember when?"'s, lots of excitement about what is to come and deep encouragement...and honestly, lots of stomach churning.




No comments: