Saturday, September 20, 2008

I Know How This Looks!

This morning I was so excited to put powdered milk in my coffee (I found out this is how Brazilians make theirs so delicious) but while prying the metal lid off of the can, the (sharp) knife slipped and went into my left wrist with force! A gigantic bubble (like 2 pecans side by side) formed under my skin and blood spewed all over the kitchen like a fountain!

I called to Deborah for help, smashed down on the cut with my opposite thumb, and quickly got down on the floor because I felt like I was about to pass out. Sparing the rest of the details, the cut sealed beautifully and my young medical student neighbor came upstairs to clean and bandage the wound...dertermining that I would not need stitches since the cut was more deep than wide.

My body was in such shock that I have spent the morning in bed resting to get rejuvinated for band practice tonight at the church (singing solo tomorrow). I am sad to miss out on the morning of final paint touches on the Jefferson's new apartment because I so love working hard with my hands...especially painting.

While I was laying on the bloody, cold floor, sweating like I'd just run a marathon, I starting thinking "what if I cut one of those main arteries that suicidal people aim for?" Deborah reminded me to relax, and then a song flowed quietly from my heart and lips..."Praise God from Whom all blessings flow. Praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost! Amen!"

This morning has been a gigantic blessing of refreshment from God's word. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sarah! No more hurting yourself. I won't have it. :) loves and miss