Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mystery Meat

Just got home from lunch at a church members house. I sat on her row and she invited me to lunch with her family. (The Jefferson's know them well so it was safe) Unfortunately I wore the high heels that are at least one whole size too small and totally KILL my toes...even when I'm sitting. We had to walk about a mile up and down rocky hills to get to their 4th floor apartment. I just had to laugh at myself. I do not believe I will wear those shoes here ever again!

The lunch was delicious though I had to get over my nervousness about eating it since I couldn't tell what half of it was. There was one thing that I just had to buck up and make myself eat (greens) but she must have thought I liked it most and heaped another big pile of it on my plate!
Dessert was delicious...tasted and looked just like a big bowl of strawberry jam.

They taught me several more praise songs in Portuguese and we watched a Michael W. Smith concert on DVD with Portuguese subtitles.

Road the bus home and am about to take a nap before singing tonight. I'm going to a ladies small group retreat tomorrow afternoon but first meeting the movers with all of the Jefferson's belongings at 8am. Deus e Fiel!

No comments: