Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Woman Joined the Family of God at Home Depot Tonight!

"I pray that you will be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." Philemon 1:6

Tonight, famished, I left the Jefferson's and a stack of paint samples to grab a sandwich at the cafe inside the hardware store. I'd been sitting at a table eating and resting for 5 or so minutes and then went to the counter to pay (always pay after eating here). When I returned to my table a woman was sitting in my chair. I sat down across from her and she was a bit embarrassed and began to dismiss herself. I asked her to feel free to stay and when the Jefferson's came to join me they told her the same thing when she tried again to leave. Deborah and I began chatting about the kind of brushes we needed to paint the new apartment and Keith started telling this woman about the Lord! She was hanging on every word of truth that came from his mouth so he just kept sharing and kept sharing. Occassionally a tear would well up in the corner of her eye and she would discreatly wipe it away. Her boyfriend even came over and then left to buy more things when he realized that we were in deep converstation. I thought that would be the end of the conversation but she was immediately open to hearing more once he left. In the end she was ready to ask Christ to forgive her sins and be her Lord, so Keith led her in a prayer! She said she could feel instant peace in her heart and would come to church with us this Sunday! So sweet. The Lord is awakening the dead in Brazil, in the US, and all around the world!

2 comments:

Court said...

Praise the Lord. His Kingdom is increasing and hearts are being healed!

Sarah said...

indeed!!