Saturday, June 21, 2008

Keith & Deborah Jefferson

Keith, Deborah, and their 4 daughters moved to Salvador, Brazil 13 years ago after they were told of the extreme need for Christ and specifically asked to go. They have served as the only missionaries they know of to thousands of Quilombos scattered throughout Brazil.

They explore to find new Quilombos (villages), assess the physical needs that they (and other believers) can meet, share the truth of God through "storying", and seek Christians in the nearest towns to develop ongoing relationships with them.

I first met Keith when he was our guest music leader at HFBC, since I work in the music office. I met Deborah one morning when Keith taught my Sunday School class. That morning I had the opportunity to share a brief word of challenge and encouragement with my classmates, and so they were able to glimpse what the Lord was up to in my heart and life.

I have enjoyed getting to know the Jefferson's better through shared testimonies, meals, and meetings, and look forward to living with, and learning from them.

No comments: