Friday, November 14, 2008

God Speaks Every Tongue

Enjoyed 3.5 hours at my neighbors house tonight. I never fail to knock right before dinner (whether it's 5pm or 9pm), and though I promise I'm not doing it on purpose, I love trying all the new foods! The most memorable one tonight was an drink made by simply blending avacado, milk, and sugar. Delicioso!

I love this family dearly. Elba and her husband Carlos have three grown children that live at home until they marry (as is Brazil's custom). Elba collects owl figurines, has a white hammock in her livingroom across from the couch, and has invited me to spend tomorrow afternoon with her, her sister, and adolescent nephew.

Tonight the opportunity to share my testimony came up naturally in conversation. I have been looking forward to the day the Lord would bring this about and glorify His name in their home. One of them listened with focused intensity, and another cut me off with explaination of how living a good life makes God live inside us all. I yearned for proficiency in Portuguese in those moments. Thankfully the Lord, who saves, is not hemmed in by my inabilities, and we will have more conversations soon!

This morning I was reading through Acts, and now find it comforting that during the first days of the disciples ministry, in a city abnormally full of foreigners gathered from many lands, language was not a barrier to God's message then, or now! He will send His truth forth through anyone who is willing to open his mouth by faith. Praise Him!

1 comment:

Faith said...

Sounds like a great night Sara. Glad the doors were opened and you stepped in. Seeds were planted and now I'll be prayiing for more opportunities to plant and water. Was at Fusion the past few days and thought about seeing you there the last I was there. So thankful you weren't there this time, but out putting your faith in action. He is good and faithful!