Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Loving Friends

I would like to tell you what a joy it is to work with Keith and Deborah Jefferson. It has added so much flavor to my life to learn to see situations, creation, fun, ministry, and God through eyes so different from mine. I enjoy our many discussions about what God is teaching us through His word and life, prayer times together, sweating shoulder to shoulder, singing, and times of rest.

As in all valuable relationships there is work and sacrifice involved. Watching God-given love flow from them towards me, and out of me towards them is a nearly indescribable privledge. There is no allowance for pride, selfishness, greed, dishonesty, or fear in Love...and I find myself confessing often. Glory to God, who Loves perfectly.

I used to think that people would surely stop liking/loving me if they saw my non-sweet/smiley days...but He has sent a string of human messengers into my life to illustrate bits of the depths of His love and faithfulness. I long to Love well.

Greater love has no man that this...that He would lay down His life (preferences, "rights", etc.) for his friends. (Picture: Villagers made this spout to make the spring water more accessible)

No comments: