Sunday, August 24, 2008

Apology and Trip to Rio

Sorry (Desculpa)
Well friends I need to apologize for promising to blog often while stateside and then posting pretty much nothing these last 4 weeks in Brazil. I was IMing my Mom last night and just confessing that there the amount of things I want to blog about are so many that I have been intimidated and silent in blog world. But things change tonight.

I will start with today and work backwards. Dear ones the Lord is teaching me so much, and I can not say thanks enough.

Going to Rio in the Morning (Monday)
I have been alone for 4 days and will be happy to join Patti and Georgia, missionaries in Rio De Janeiro, tomorrow morning! For the first 2.5 days I SO enjoyed the freedom to spend hours exploring a grocery store, a mall, and my neighborhood...talking to strangers in English and Portuguese everywhere I went, reading and journaling...but NOW I am SO ready to join others of like mind for some fellowship on a heart level. Patti is from HFBC in Houston and Georgia is her Brazilian roommate and partner in ministry. I met Patti 4 years ago when she was speaking in Beth Moore´s Sunday School class. It is the first time I ever heard anything about Brazil and as she told us of the fruit that God was producing in Brazil I sat there with tears streaming down my face. We have emailed back and forth a lot and I have been impressed and humbled by their enthusiasm to warmly welcome me as a sister to join in their work for 2 weeks. I decided to go to Rio because the Jefferson´s needed to return to the US for 2 weeks.

No comments: