Sunday, August 24, 2008

Quilombos/Conversations Everywhere I Go

I have not gone to a Quilombo yet (besides the 3 in the Amazon region) because I was sick and am now on my way to Rio. The Jefferson´s took a short trip with 2 men from Virginia that I could not go on. We have prayed together for them, and my heart flutters with excitement when I get reports each night from the interior (by cell phone!). I have started some Excel spreadsheet templates that will aid in the organization of future trips and tracking of new found villages and their needs.

I´m amazed by the conversations that have materialized at the most unexpected times and places. My first night in Salvador, before I´d even seen my apartment, we stopped by an internet cafe and while I waited for the Jefferson´s to contact their girls in the States some young teens and a little boy approached me for "conversation". I had the grandest time trying to communicate with them, and just sharing Christ´s love in deed. We exchanged email address´and I gave them each a track in Portuguese...and this is how it goes quite often these days.
God brings the people. God provides the love. God redeems through Jesus Christ...may this message go forth through me! This week I have been having honest conversations with the Lord about how inadequate I feel, and how rusty on sharing the gospel I had become this last year or so. I am asking Him to make me bold and discerning so that when really cool opportunities keep coming I will see His love for these people and His power when I am simply obedient...though sometimes scared. :-)

2 comments:

JAK said...

Hi Sarah! Big hug! You are our featured missionary in the Enews this week, so I am linking to your blog! Now everyone will be able to read your latest updates/prayer needs. Love you! Jenea

Sarah said...

Wow! What a gigantic blessing!! I love HFBC so much and thank you all so much for your strong ("forca" in Portugues) support of me as I offer myself to God's use in Brazil. You are such a special friend Jenea!