Sunday, August 24, 2008

So Sick :-(

My flight from the Amazon region to Salvador went up and down, up and down. It really messed my body up and I had a migraine with severe motion sickness for a full week. That combined with sleepless nights due to bed bugs got me off to a less than fun start, but the Lord gave me great joy as He reminded me to praise Him all the way through! I must say that the week was delightful because of my fellowship with the Lord through the pain and discouragement. The Jefferson´s had to spend much of their time catering to me that week, and bought me every anti-mite wash/ointment/pill they could find. We also got some interesting home remedies from their Brazilian friends (drinking milk with salt!), and ironed my bed! I ended up going to the hospital for some professional advice and medication and started to feel better after a shot. I am so very grateful for the Jefferson´s selfless care for me. Deborah kept telling me "Girl, your body needs to adjust! Every missionary goes through this!"

Some locals told me that the bedbugs were actually a tropical mite that are microscopic and float around in the air...especially bad at 5pm each day. I scratched and scratched and scratched and took many showers a day/night just for the short relief I would get. Low and behold I discovered that it was actually allergies that cause me to feel creepy crawlies all over my body. Now on allergy medicine and using a natural saline solution in my sinus I am ok! This solution was only found after I decided to tell some people and ask for prayer for a solution! Glory to God!

1 comment:

Lucinda Villanueva said...

Sarah, I'm sitting here at home reading what God is doing through you. I'm so encouraged and so lifted by what you are experiencing through others testimonies, lives, and Gods mighty hand... this brings tears of joy to my eyes... I'm praying for you my sister.. Again, let the Jeffersons know I'm praying for them too. Love you my precious sister! Lucinda XOXO