Tuesday, October 14, 2008

God's Grace

God's grace is amazing. My eyes were first opened to some depth behind this statement about a year an a half ago while reading Romans by my apartments pool in Houston. I burst into tears when what seemed like the most simple of conditions changed my life forever. I have not recovered from the awe of His grace that I first discovered that day...and I pray that I never will. Oh the depths of the riches born of the wisdom and knowledge of God. How unsearchable are His judgements and His ways. To Him be glory forever and ever.
  • It's by his grace that I can turn my back on sins that have always convinced me that I must obey their call.
  • By His grace I am physically safe here in Brazil (unless He chooses to apply His grace to me through injury).
  • His grace shelters me from slavery to moral filth and temptation that is so prevelent in this age.
  • His grace gives me a clean slate EVERY time I fail Him. (tears flowing)
Who is like our God?

  • Through doors of grace I find that simple conversation with Brazilians in broken Portuguese can state the most profound truth the world has ever known.
  • Because He loves to show His grace He calls the worst of sinners to be His chosen and most beloved.
  • Because His grace is so complete, not a drop of my own guilt belongs to me anymore.
  • Because He's a gracious Shepherd, I shall want for nothing.
  • Because He's chosen to make my faith mature and complete, lacking in nothing, He sends many trials to test me. Many.
  • Because He loves me so, He's teaching me that the safest and richest place to be is out of my own control, and in His. (Though I try to wrestle with Him, He does not give up, or give me over)

There is more to say of Him, but you already know that. We have a gigantic book full of testimonies about His grace. It is my/our food.

I am so weak. I do not have strong faith. I am so often disobedient. I'm too often focused on myself or some worldly love that I have. I think I have rights and struggle when people don't recognize them. But God...He's perfect. And God...is living His life through me. Amazing grace.

No comments: